Monday 21 October 2013

Magazine Advert ~ First Draft

Draft of Magazine Advert:


Above is my first draft of my magazine advert which is to promote Arctic Monkey's new album 'AM'. During the process of producing my magazine advert not to many problems occurred as I thoroughly designed my ad making sure I had planned what exactly I wanted to involve on it which also helped when I got round to taking pictures toward my digipak and advert. From completing my digipak to this I was sure I wanted to keep the theme of involving the silhouette of Sheffield city as the background because I thought it looked professional and worked really well. 
For this ad I wanted to make sure I involved a lot of the main conventions of successful magazine advert to therefore make my own a great success. One convention I used was a review. The quote I used was from the CLASH magazine which basically sums up Arctic Monkeys new album. This is one great way of getting new people listening to artist’s music as they could see the positive review and therefore later download there album. Also I included ratings from well-known magazines and newspapers so that it was evidently rated a great album. 
With the text format I kept it as the same font as my digipak keeping the theme and helping them link together as they both are for the same product. One change I made from my original plan was I decided not to blend an image of the three lads together for the main image in the ad but instead chose to use the silhouette image which I previously used in the digipak. 
I am in fact pleased with my first draft of my magazine advert because I included everything I planned to and in fact I think it's quite remember able as it's quite a unique design in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment